I'm still exhausted from this weekend. I have had more emotions run through me in the last few days than I have had in a very long time. I have been, happy, sad. overwhelmed, worried, and everything in between.
My raised kids have came to me over different times over the past week worried that I would love their sister Alyssa more than I love them. That I might forget about them once Alyssa moved in. We have had a lot of tears and reassurances letting them know I love them all equally. No matter what I am here for all 4 of them.
I have seen Alyssa bonding just over the last few days with each of her siblings more than she ever has. Last night her and Kenny had a long talk talk in my room that I accidentally walked in on. I have no idea what was said between the two but Kenny's eyes were red and looked like he was about to cry. Whatever the conversation was I could tell it was pretty deep and there was nothing but love between those two siblings. Cassie and Alyssa have been joking and teasing a lot. It is so cute. Alex is still warming up and taking everything in. He always takes a while to process things before he talks about it.
Cassie just increased her wardrobe as Alyssa moved in, but so did Alyssa. Alyssa, Cassie and I can all wear he same size shirts and Cassie wears a size smaller pants than Alyssa and I. Cassie wears a size O while Alyssa and I wear a size 2.
Cassie was worried that Alyssa and her wouldn't be close because they didn't grow up together but I can already see them becoming extremely close. We haven't got the whole bed situation figured out yet but Cassie and Alyssa will share a bedroom we just need to find another bed to put in the room. That should be solved by the end of the week, Alyssa just has to have time to go to the store with us. Last night Cassie decided to sleep on her floor and Alyssa got her bed, Cassie didn't care where she slept as long as she was by her sister.
I will write more about our drive out to California later.
Sweetest, most wonderful news I have read in some time. Hugs to all of you - M.
ReplyDelete