Owen and me

Owen and me
My first grandson one day old.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Similarities and differnces

Alyssa and I were talking the other day and she was commenting how much she looks like my lil sister.  I see similarities but I don't really see they look a lot alike.  Ofcourse Alyssa moves  like us,  she talks like us, shakes her head the same way we do, she has the same mannerisms.  But I have a hard time seeing how much she look like us.  I finally realized why.

My family 1979/1980
Back row: My dad holding Charlyn, Mom holding Jason, My oldest brother ray in brown, Anita in lavender dress, and Shana in the blue dress. Beside my mom is Laurel in the dark green dress and I am in the red dress.
I grew up in a very big family.  Six of us seven kids had blond hair and blue eyes. My youngest sister has green eyes and dark hair.  If she didn't come as a set of twins a lot of people would question if she was the mail mans.  Her twin brother had blond hair and blue eyes though.   I was always embarrassed with having such a big family.  We lived in California not Utah and everywhere we went people would stare at us and count the number of kids. Even people that knew us would get confused at which kid each of us were.  I hated being called by my sisters name or just referred to by "The Smith kids".  I was Jeanette I was different than them.  From a very young age I tried to see the differences and see what made us individual.   I think I still have that perception I see similarities between all of us but I also notice the differences more than anything. 

Alyssa being adopted never knowing her family, she looks for the similarities.  She is much better at noticing peoples similarities than I am.  She notices everyone's voice, face shapes, the deep dimples, eye colors, nose shapes, even the body build of all of us. 

To see more pictures you can go to http://myfamilyofadoption.blogspot.com/2011/06/family-pics-similarities.html?zx=7cba15b8dc758639

No comments:

Post a Comment