About 2 I here Alyssa and Ian, they hadn't left the house until 11 so I was surprised they had came back so fast. Ian decided that he wanted to come back and enjoy time with the family. He really wanted me to join them at the beach but there wasn't time for that. We just hung out while I cooked dinner and waited for everyone to show up. It is so relaxing to be with them both.
My sister Shana and her family came over and we had a really great time. About 8:30 while we just sat around and talked Owens amom (J) sent Alyssa a text saying they needed to talk when she got back to Utah. Alyssa just said that if it was about her blog she was sorry if anything hurt her. The next text and said they needed to temporarily close the adoption until Alyssa could be happy and deal with the adoption. They only want Owen to see adoption as a blessing and if Alyssa is ever sad Owen will not see adoption as a blessing.
J then said that we should have came to the Temple and she didn't understand why we didn't come. That totally confused us because just 2 messages back was her text saying not to come to the temple meet at the church for the luncheon. It wasn't like we misunderstood over a phone call but it was written in a text. J then text Alyssa saying she was upset with me because I had told my parents not to go to the temple. I asked my niece who knows my moms insecurities and asked if she would have done it differently. She had said she would have done the exact same thing. My mom is very uncomfortable in new situations like that and my mom would not had gone with out me. My mom was having trouble with going even knowing I was there. Alyssa was pissed off to say the least and totally hurt. One week after the adoption is final and it is closing. J had promised Alyssa everything under the sun. J lives within about 20 minutes of Alyssa too. They could easily run into each other at a store.
J with Owen and Alyssa
Alyssa and I stayed up until about midnight, it was a very emotional evening. We didn't cry but we were still drained. We were not going to let that ruin our week together.

I've seen planets, stars and galaxies too
ReplyDeletelearnt the universe to be mostly empty space
But lightcenturies of emptiness cannot chew
ripped souls like missing Owen's face.
{Just an attempt of a poet to offer a token of sympathy and support)
Wow. That picture speaks volumes. I just dont understand people and my heart is breaking for you and your family.
ReplyDelete((Hugs))
Katy
(((((((Jeanette & Alyssa)))))))
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely heartbreaking. I know it's no consolation but I really don't think anything that you or Alyssa did or said would have changed anything. This woman was just looking for an excuse to keep Owen to herself. Owen is going to be sad about being adopted no matter what and I would think it would be a comfort to him to know that his mother was sad about it as well.
I'm so sorry that your family is going through this. Adoption sucks!
Temp closing the adoption... seems really childish to me. I cant understand how someone can be so cold. I am so sorry you are all going thru this. Is there any chance of an around the table discussion with the agency involved? I dont live in the US so I am not really familiar with the ins and outs
ReplyDeleteWe are hanging in pretty well. We had expected it to close so it wasn't a huge shock. Alyssa and I both had a feeling that Saturday would be the last time we see Owen for a while. I am not mad at J - I do think that she wasn't properly prepared for the connection that is between a mother and child. I am sure that scares her.
ReplyDeleteThe adoption agency might help but they can't force it to be opened. There is nothing legal about an open adoption. I know Alyssa hates going to the agency for anything. It is hard emotionally for her to even be in the building.
Oh. My. God. That picture rips my heart out. See, Jeanette, I AM mad at his adoptress. Ap's KNOW their child has a bond with his/her first Mother and it terrifies them, because they will NEVER have that bond. What they want to do to that baby is brainwashing. Period. Adoption is ONLY a blessing for the adopters. God...I am crying seeing your baby with her baby.
ReplyDeleteI agree that nothing you guys did or ever could do would make a difference. This is all coming from typical AP insecurity because down deep inside (no matter how much they try to deny it and fake the child being born to them) they know they can NEVER bond with that child like a natural mother and that child will ALWAYS reach out for his real mother. It makes me angry too because no matter how uninformed or ill prepared they may be...the APs should (IMO) be able to empathize with "their" child and his need to know and be in contact with his real family. A real mother would do that if tables were turned in some freakish alternate universe. APs just simply don't have the same kind of intuitive natural bond and most often (IMO) ONLY think of themselves whether they realize their selfishness or not. I'm very sorry for you and Alyssa:*( It is heartbreaking.
ReplyDelete