We have kept awfully busy. Kenny and Cassie have had 2 concerts, Jer had one evening work meeting, Jer had 2 scout meetings this week, and I have had one major meeting. Put that on top of the normal school, work, and running kids around everywhere and I am ready for a day off.
Cassie's concert was the major fundraiser of the year for her orchestra. I had been in charge of keeping track of the money for tickets, donations, silent auction, and the giving tree. This concert was not done at the school but downtown at a major venue. The kids felt like professionals. Friday was the concert so volunteers and the students arrived around 1:30. We had to set up the instruments, silent auction, and t-shirt sells. As the kids were practicing they still seemed to be rambunctious teenagers. While the different groups practiced us volunteers had to corral the other kids and keep them quiet and calm as possible. Then at 6:30 the kids changed into their all black matching orchestra attire. As they came back in there demeanour started to change. They quieted down as they became more nervous. They watched as their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, and friends slowly came in. Everyone was dressed up. We had people that were in the building for other reasons come up to see when the performance started after they heard these kids practice. We ended up selling close to 700 tickets.
The intermediate, advanced, and chamber students started the concert at 7:30pm. They were absolutely amazing. I am so glad my kids have been involved with this amazing program. I truly appreciate the time their teacher has put into with our kids. I have known this teacher for 4 years and he is the best teacher I ever met in my entire life. I seriously have never met a better teacher and I am so glad my kids have had him for so many years.
Yesterday we had a baby shower for my mother-in-laws god daughter. Of course I could not say no to helping with this also. It was so cute and fun. After that we had tickets to the hockey game. I did not go because we were one ticket short for the family. Mid day, as if we did not have enough going on Ken had his concert. His was a much smaller one at the high school. He enjoyed laying. He absolutely loves the viola.
Today I have spent most of the day adding up the final sales. I have to have spreadsheets finished and all money in the right accounts by Tuesday. This coming Tuesday we are headed up to Tahoe for 3 days. We are meeting Alyssa and her new boyfriend there. We are all super excited and tomorrow night we have to spend the evening packing. Well after the scout meeting we will be packing.
No comments:
Post a Comment