I forgot to put in the last post about the gift we brought Owen. I am not a seamstress in any way but I wanted to make Owen a few blankets and some burp cloths. I then used the scraps from Owens blanket plus bought extra girlie fabric and made Alyssa a lap blanket. After that I made a card for Owen on the front it said "Together Forever".
I wanted Owen to look back and know that he will always be part of us. If he asks questions we will help him. I never want him to feel unloved or unwanted. I wanted him to know he had roots, that he came from somewhere. I never want him to feel lost. I don't remember word for word what I wrote in the card but it went something like
"My dear little one,
We have always loved you and we always will. You will always be part of our family no matter what. You are a P -, an A - , and a H (last names of biological family). You have great history in your family, your moms family came a crossed to Utah in handcarts during some very hard times, your dads side is very smart and they are very good business men. The same blood that runs in these people also run in your veins. You are bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh.
We will always love you,
Grandma Nettie and Mama Kara
PS - The blanket I made for you I also made a blanket for your mama out of the scraps. Maybe when you are holding onto this blanket your mom will be wrapped up in hers thinking of you."
Oh man, now I am crying. You should have warned me!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm behind on reading your blogs...yup, crying!
ReplyDeleteI love this especially, "The blanket I made for you I also made a blanket for your mama out of the scraps. Maybe when you are holding onto this blanket your mom will be wrapped up in hers thinking of you." Great job grandma Nettie! I pray they will always allow him to have the blanket and the card.