I did not expect to be home until Monday and I already had the day off so I decided to spend the day with Alyssa and Ian. I wanted to take Ian to Santa Cruz and I knew Alyssa loved that place. My husband planned on meeting us there for lunch. There is a great burger place a couple blocks up from the beach called "Betty's Burgers". Alyssa wanted to bring Ian there, they have the best burgers I have ever had. Well, I only eat the turkey and veggie burgers but they are amazing. We walked along the boardwalk and went to the pier. It was just a perfect day, the sun was out but the wind was blowing pretty well too. Ian and Alyssa simply loved it. We even were able to see a lot of sea lions.
Alyssa was dressed up so she did not go down onto the sand but Ian and I did. We just sat in the sand and watched the waves, simply beautiful and relaxing. There was no one else on the beach either.
After lunch Jer and I let Ian and Alyssa have a few minutes alone on the pier. I told Jer that this would have been perfect to take Owen, a few tears spilled out but I made sure I was put back together before Alyssa saw. Neither Alyssa nor I are big criers, we love to tease and joke around but hate to cry. Neither of us get very stressed about things either, we just deal and move on.
We came back home between 4 and 5. Jeremy made home made pizza for dinner. It was so good, I love home made pizza. Jer and the boys went to scouts while the girls and Ian hung out at the house. It was great to just relax with them. We stayed up late and just talked, nothing serious, no adoption topics or anything like that. We just relaxed and talked until 11 or midnight. It was just....normal.
Normal can be so nice :) It sounds like a beautiful day!
ReplyDelete