I had another post written but I will save that for tomorrow.
I just received the best most precious present I ever received. Alyssa mailed me pictures of herself growing up. The last picture her aparents sent me she was when alyssa was about 4 and then Alyssa sent me current pictures of herself from the time she was about 15/16 and beyond when we were in contact through letters only. So I have about 10/12 years of no pictures and having no idea what she looked like for all of those years.
It means so much to me that she cares and loves me enough to send those pictures. I am beyond thankful right now to finally see what my daughter looked like growing up. She was a mix of both her dad and I. She got the best from both of us. I am just so thankful I can't even express my grattitude.
(((Hugs))) So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI am SO happy for you!!! I cannot imagine what it would be like to look at pics of your child ~ as a child. I really don't think there would ever be a greater gift than this.
ReplyDeleteI have only seen recent pics of my son ~ the oldest ones are from his wedding just over 5 years ago. I asked for some early in our reunion, and have strongly hinted several times since. Maybe it's time for another one!
Susie,
ReplyDeleteSadly I think the reason she understands why I wanted the pictures so badly is because she is a natural mom too. We have a great empathy for each other. It is definately a great gift plus they were originals.
Jeannette
Those pics were adorable!! I <3 the one of her dressed as Dorothy & the black and white one. Thanks for sharing them with me!
ReplyDelete